Monday, September 05, 2005

Beach Pictures Up


The pics from the beach are online. I didn’t notice until looking at them in the computer that I inadvertently caught a couple making out in a few of the pictures. Above is a detail of one of those photos. Another thing is that the lifeguard’s chair was flying a Dangerous Surf flag. This afternoon, after spending a good amount of time cleaning the sand off the boys and ourselves, we kicked back a bit and relaxed. I went out with the other guys to get the stuff for grilling out.

Now, you need a little back story to understand why this took us a little longer than you might think.

Granpops is a Ph.D physicist, and his step-son is a civil engineer. They wanted to look at the repair work in progress at a bridge over the Indian River inlet. They liked the huge cranes and the huge sand pumps, and discovered that the workers are preparing to replace it, not just repair it.

Back to real life.

We came back after getting the food and grilled it out back. While the burgers and hot dogs (including veggie burgers) sizzled, we let the boys and the dogs play in the side yard. The weather was amazing, as a couple of the ladies had to put on long-sleeve shirts to keep from getting chilly. That was a very nice feeling, and something we will not feel in Texas until mid to late October, from what we’ve heard.

By the way, I also realized thanks to the local license plates that Delaware was the first colony to become a state.

I sit in the living room typing this as the TV blares a rerun of one of the many CSI incarnations. Everybody but Shannon, her aunt and I have turned in for the evening. I don’t know exactly what the plan is for tomorrow, but I will update when I have the chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you cleared up the meaning behind this picture! I thought this was a G rated trip until I saw that. I studied it carefully for a while trying to decide if it was you and Shannon before I read the posted comments. Then I read the blog, so now it all makes sense. Maybe next time you could put the picture AFTER the blog that explains it. (Only if it is rated PG-13 and above) :) Have fun! Love, Robin